Breathing Exercises for Anxietyadmin
As long as you feel something in your breathing, please do not ignore it any chance. Some people who suffer from anxiety may develop breathing issues as the first sign of the disorder. In most cases, there can be different techniques of breathing that may alleviate the problem and makes you feel better.
To have better and proper breathing, you can apply different techniques. Also, some people who suffer from severe anxiety issues consult their doctor for medication. Most commonly, doctors in the US prescribe to buy Xanax online as a fast-acting drug. However, taking medicine may not help in the breathing issue of the person.
Here are some techniques that a person may apply as deep breathing exercises for anxiety –
1. Stretch the exhale time:
If you look around, people mostly focus on inhaling deeply, but they do not do the same with the exhale process. When under stress, it’s necessary that you inhale and exhale for a lengthening time. Likewise, you can apply the following steps –
- Before inhaling deeply, try and exhale out the already in-take breath.
- Push the air out of your lungs and then inhale in deeply.
- Again, put your lungs back to work and push out all the air.
- Repeat this process for the next five minutes. Also, you can practice this exercise in any comfortable position, whether sitting, standing or lying down.
2. Equal Breathing:
The ancient form of breathing exercise is a part of yoga. In this, you have to equal the time you use in inhaling and exhaling. The following steps will help you in doing the exercise properly –
- Close your eyes and focus on your normal breaths for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually, you need to start with the inhaling process through your nose while counting in numbers.
- Secondly, you have to exhale the same air with the same counting speed as you used for inhaling.
- While performing the exercise, you must pay attention to the feeling of fullness and emptiness while inhaling and exhaling.
3. Abdomen Breathing:
While most exercises for breathing include your lungs, in this exercise, you will be breathing through the diaphragm. These muscles are just below your lungs and help to relieve the work your body supposedly does while breathing.
You can follow these steps to perform the exercise –
- Firstly, you must lie down comfortably while placing the pillow below your knees and head. In addition, if you want you can also sit on a chair and do the exercise.
- Secondly, place one hand under your rib cage and the other hand right over your heart.
- Thirdly, you need to inhale and exhale slowly with your nose. While doing this, ensure your stomach moves back and forth with the air pressure.
- It is important to keep the focus on your stomach as breathing involves muscles under the ribs and not the chest.
4. Alternate Nostril Breathing:
To practice the alternate nostril breathing technique, you first need to sit down in a comfortable place. Make sure you lengthen your spine while opening the chest.
Now, you need to rest your left hand on your lap and move your right hand upward. Here, you must place the pointer and middle finger between the eyebrows on your forehead.
As you are in the right position, begin with the following steps –
- Begin with closing your eyes and get involved in exhaling and inhaling through your nose.
- Place your right-hand thumb on the right side of the nostril and slowly exhale from the opposite side.
- Now, hold your breath in for a moment by closing your nostril with your right-hand thumb; place your ring finger on the same hand on the left side of the nostril.
- Remove your right thumb and exhale the air that you were holding for a few seconds.
- Then again, inhale slowly with your right nostril as earlier and repeat the process.
- You have to continue with the process for a total of 10 minutes. Also, do not hold your breath for more than 40 seconds in each cycle.
Use of Medications:
Though it’s advisable always to prefer doing exercises even when your body functions well, some people may require using medication for treating anxiety symptoms. The issue of breathing is one symptom that may occur due to Xanax usage; however, there can also be other issues that need proper treatment.
The doctor may prescribe anti-anxiety medication depending upon the patient’s health. Also, some patients may apply to drugs such as Xanax for Depression, for it’s a common symptom of anxiety. However, it’s required to get a prescription from the doctor, for they prescribe the safest form of medicine. Talking in general, the dose of Green Xanax bars is a highly effective form of the drug. Thus, be sure as you take the drug that it can cause several issues if not used correctly.