Can Adderall Cause Depression?admin
Certain medicines are liable to treat issues; however, most of them are responsible for causing side effects as well. Such is the case with Adderall drugs. The on-label use of Adderall is to treat ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Yet some doctors also prescribe it to treat narcolepsy, a sleeping disorder.
Almost 2 million people in the US are consuming Adderall to overcome the symptoms of ADHD. Also, there is a common debate among doctors that medicine is responsible for causing Depression in patients. More so, correctly using the drug as per the doctor’s advice will not cause any such issue.
What is Adderall?
The drug Adderall is a popular medicine that contains Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine as the active ingredients. Likewise, medicine belongs to the class of CNS that works upon increasing certain chemicals inside your brain.
Your doctor may prescribe buy Adderall online if you suffer from the on-label issues of the medicine. The dose is primarily for anyone above the age of 5 years. In addition, it helps improve focus and attention in humans. More so, the symptoms of ADHD usually occur at a young age, and treating it on time will prevent the symptoms from getting severe.
Can Adderall cause Depression?
As per the reports of the FDA, certain cases of Adderall use have resulted in possible signs of Depression. However, it’s extremely rare, and those who take medicine accordingly will not face any such problem.
Many patients who start using Adderall as per the prescription; later convert into misusing the drug for other reasons. More so, one must always buy Adderall online while following the doctor’s guidelines.
Here are some points that one should consider for the intake of Adderall –
- A person who has a history of bipolar disorder should take the drug wisely as it may cause a serious reaction.
- Patients with behavioral issues must look through the use of the Adderall drug as it can be extremely harmful.
- Some people prefer to take Adderall to treat Depression which is not the on-label medicine. Likewise, the drug will seriously worsen the condition of the patient.
Before taking Adderall –
Before starting with the dose of Adderall, one must consult their doctor for professional advice. Also, if there is any pre-existing condition, you must also report it to the doctor.
Here are some points that you may look through before taking Adderall –
- A person should not be taking Adderall if they suffer from the following issues – heart disease, severe to high blood pressure, history of drug abuse, and others.
- If the person has taken an inhibitor within the past 14 days, they must avoid using the drug at all.
- Patients dealing with ADHD and bipolar disorder should be cautious while taking medicine.
- If a patient suffers from underlying mental issues, they must inform the doctor before using Adderall.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking up the dose of Adderall.
Side Effects of Adderall –
It’s common to come across a highly potent drug and learn about its various side effects. Here are some of the severe or less common side effects of Adderall –
- Low appetite
- Dry mouth
- Sleeping difficulty
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
Apart from these issues, the long-term use of the Adderall drug will incur the issue of Depression and fatigue. Also, such symptoms may occur in patients who stop taking the abruptly. As per the reports, there have been cases of suicidal behavior in patients. Mostly it’s due to the dependency that the drug cause on their minds.
Is there any alternative for Adderall?
When there are no positive signs of using a medicine, it’s better to use an alternate rather than develop health issues. In other words, Adderall is not the only treatment to overcome the symptoms of Depression.
Some of the popular alternatives to Adderall include –
- Focalin XR
The above-mentioned drug names are some popular brand forms in the US. You can ask your doctor to change the medicine if there are any side effects from Adderall. Henceforth, they will prescribe you the prescription that’s more suitable for your health and other factors.