How Long Does Percocet Stay in Your SystemNikki Bela
The medication of Percocet is widely available for the treatment of pain. It is a combination medicine that constitutes – Oxycodone and Acetaminophen. The drug belongs to the opioid class of highly effective drugs and treats the condition in time. Thus, if you buy Percocet online, know that the medicine treats pain, and you must take it accordingly.
Some people tend to get Percocet generic without considering the advice of their health expert. They need to know that using the same medicine as the doctor prescribes will be effective for the treatment. More so, if you take the drug in any other form, it can have a side effect on your health. That’s why you should always be taking Percocet in the exact dosage amount, according to the doctor.
For how long does Percocet stay in your system?
There can be various reasons for which a drug may stay for long or short in your system. It is not necessary that every person may react in a similar way after taking a dose of Percocet. In the same manner, the last longing effect of the medicine may depend upon various factors.
They can be as follows –
- Age and weight
- Metabolic rate
- Health condition
- Dosage amount
- Other health issues
Thus, if the person’s metabolic rate is high, the drug may leave your system in less time. Also, if you take it in huge amounts, the drug may cause issues as well. Therefore, always take advice from a health expert before you apply to the use of a medicine.
Normally, the effect of Percocet may stay for a period of 48 hours in your system. However, it can still be detectable in other tests for a long time. Therefore, we would advise you to avoid using alcohol or any similar substance. The combination of Percocet with any such element can make the drug stay for long in your body.
Oxycontin vs Percocet –
Both these drugs – Percocet and Oxycontin belong to the family of medications known as opioids. Though the effect of both Oxycontin and Percocet is almost the same, it can have a mild difference. The major term of comparison between them can be as follows –
- Percocet is a combination drug, whereas Oxycontin is a single substance.
- Both the medicines are effective in pain, yet Percocet has far more effective.
- The side effects of Percocet can be far more harmful than the other drug.
- Percocet is a brand medicine, whereas Oxycontin is a generic drug name.
Percocet vs Hydrocodone –
Similar to the above-given comparison, Percocet vs Hydrocodone has a similar difference as well. Here are some points to clear the picture –
- Percocet is a combination drug, whereas the other one is a single substance.
- Both these medicines belong to the opioid class of medications.
- As per the reports, the medicine of Percocet can have a 1.5 more effect than Hydrocodone drug.
- Percocet is a brand medicine, whereas Hydrocodone is a generic drug name.
Norco vs Percocet –
Both these medicines are considered to be the most highly effective drug forms for treating pain issues. Here are some key differences among them –
- Both these medication comes in combination form – Percocet (Oxycodone and Acetaminophen); Norco (Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen)
- Both these medicines come under the brand name of a medication.
- They are highly effective, and that’s why people should use them as per the doctor’s advice.
Is Oxycodone the same as Percocet?
It can be a bit tricky to say if one pain killer is better than the other when both belong to the same class of drugs. While talking in general terms, both these medicines have a similar effect on the condition of pain. Furthermore, when you combine Oxycodone along with Acetaminophen, then Percocet is formed. Thus, it can be easy to say that both these medications have an equal effect on pain.