How long does Soma stay in your system?Kevin Jones
General Information on Soma Drug:
- Generic Name: Carisoprodol
- Brand Name: Soma and Vanadom
- Administration: Oral Tablets and Capsules
- Class of Drug: Skeletal Muscle Relaxant
- Controlled Substance: High Risk for Abuse
What is Soma? How to use it?
Soma tablets are popular as oral prescription medication that provides relief from muscle pain. Needless to say, you must not buy Soma online for normal pain conditions as it’s useful in treating musculoskeletal pain in humans.
The medicine acts as a CNS depressant that prevents your system from sending pain signals to the brain. Likewise, it will slow down the CNS’s activity and provide a sedative effect. Also, doctors do not suggest the use of alcohol or other substances that can cause a serious effect.
List of Soma uses –
- Musculoskeletal pain
Alongside the beneficial effects of the medicine, the drug also comes under the controlled substance act. It means that the medication has the potential to cause abuse and dependency. Furthermore, you must take medicine as per the doctor’s prescription for its proper usage.
How to take Soma drug?
The medication for Soma is prescribed to be taken orally. Most doctors recommend taking the tablet before bedtime as it causes sleepiness. Also, taking a drug before bedtime will make your body absorb the chemicals and let it work effectively through the night.
Here is the following list of do and don’ts of Soma –
- You can take the dose of Soma with or without food.
- If you know the correct dosage form, you can buy Soma online legally without any issue.
- The continuation of Soma medicine should be for 2 to 3 weeks only.
- Make sure you do not use the medicine along with another CNS depressant like alcohol.
- The long-term use of Soma medicine will result in misuse, dependency and withdrawal symptoms.
- The average intake of Soma medicine is three times a day. Also, taking it before bedtime will be more suitable for your health.
When someone uses the tablets of Soma, they do not know how to store the drug in a safe environment. Therefore, it is suggested that you must keep the medicine under room temperature. Also, keep your medication under its original packaging if you are travelling.
Remember that the Soma dosage you are taking is one that’s sufficient as per your health and requirement. Furthermore, always keep your drug away from children and potential drug abusers. Also, do not leave your medicine in the car or under heat as the weather changes may affect the medication’s active ingredients.
How long does Soma stay in your system?
The lasting effect of Soma in your system depends upon various factors. Every person’s drug intake will vary depending on multiple factors. However, the medicine will generally stay in your system for 11 hours.
Here is the list of tests in which Soma can be detectable –
- Blood: For 24 hours
- Urine: 8 to 10 days
- Hair: For up to a month
In short, the medication of Soma or its small content may stay in your system for four days. More so, if you are taking Soma overnight, the medicine percentage may differ depending on your usual intake.